You are what you eat, plain and simple. If you put the right things into your body, you’ll get cleaner energy out.
By blending specific foods that are chock-full of toxin-targeting nutrients, you can charge up your metabolism and burn off the bad stuff.
These 3 bedtime recipes are perfect for cleansing and restoring your body each night… make one tonight and feel the difference!
“Sleep Easy” Green Juice
Before your body can begin its nightly toxin flush, it needs to actually be sleeping and resting! This tasty drink gives you all the tools you need to wake up feeling refreshed and amazing on the inside.
Green Juice Recipe
- Sour Cherries (6 oz, pitted)
- Sour cherries are chock-full of melatonin – the definitive sleep hormone. Loading up with them will help you stay asleep.
- Organic Lemon (1)
- Citrus contains inositol, which improves your REM sleep and reduces anxiety – a big boost for chronic insomniacs.
- Celery (4 stalks)
- Celery is full of essential oils that can calm the nerves and help the body begin the detox process.
- Watercress (small bunch)
- Studies show that calcium can help the body relax, and watercress has lots of it – plus it adds a great texture to your juice!
Place ingredients in juicer together. Makes 24 ounces, good for 3 servings. Drink one now and save the other 2 in the fridge!
Supercharged Detox Tea
Okay, this one might sound a little weird. But it actually tastes good! It’s savory and hearty – and it powers up your liver so it can flush out all the toxins that are making you slow and dopey. For the fullest benefits, track down all-organic ingredients.
Ginger Garlic Detox Tea
- Garlic – 1 Head
- Ginger – Medium-Sized Hand
- Turmeric – 2 or 3 Fingers
- Lemon – 1 Large
- Honey to taste
- Cayenne Pepper – ½ Teaspoon
Slice garlic, ginger, and turmeric into small coins or strips. Boil 1 quart of water and simmer these 3 things for 1 hour. Slice lemon thinly and add, let simmer for 30 minutes. Continue to refill the water as it boils off. Add cayenne until it dissolves, then cool down and strain. Add honey to each cup to taste, bottle the remainder. Keeps for up to 1 week.
The Tryptophan Trick
There’s 1 amino acid we’ve all heard of – it’s that thing in turkey that makes you sleepy. Tryptophan not only boosts mood – it’s been scientifically proven to aid in resting better. It’s not just in turkey – pumpkin and chia seeds are loaded with it. As a bonus, all the protein in this recipe will keep you full without packing on the pounds!
Tryptophan Yogurt Delight
- Pumpkin seeds – ¼ Cup
- Chia Seeds – 4 Teaspoons
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt – ¾ Cup
Mix all ingredients and enjoy! You may sweeten with a couple teaspoons of organic honey or pure maple syrup if it’s too bland.